Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I (Heart) My Wife



First of all, I apologize for not blogging in 3 weeks. I really enjoyed my family time this holiday and didn't spend much time on the computer...which is a great thing. Speaking of family, I just want to brag a bit about mine. As referenced before, I've gotten to spend some substantial chunks of time with mine recently. I love my wife and kids more and more every day.

I really appreciate the sacrifices my wife makes to keep our home and family operating smoothly. She's smarter than me and could do anything she wanted to do. Yet she chooses to be a stay-at-home mom and raise our children. It's a noble calling for her. She keeps the house up, does the bills, cooks the meals, shops for the household...and the list goes on...all while being pregnant with our third baby. I leave for the day and come in about 2 or 3 hours before our children go to bed. I really enjoy that time, but it's not the ENTIRE DAY with the girls like she has to spend. I know this blows many of your minds, but my children can be a handful. They are cute and sweet, but they also have this little sin nature problem that creates many opportunities for strife and selfishness.

She handles our kids with firmness and grace...true discipleship. I walk in and the kids rush to me for playtime....giving her a respite. But she's been with them for 8 or 9 hours before I come in. Not only is she a great mother, but she's also a trusted confidante and friend. I genuinely enjoy the time we get to spend together. Admittedly, time together...especially alone together...is a precious commodity these days. Anyways, I wanted to brag on Chrissy. I could say alot more, but time doesn't allow this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice contrast...Jezabel in last post ... Chrissy this time. BTW, word verification to comment was 'foole'...appropriate for my comment...