Monday, August 18, 2008

Introducing Baby Duncan #3

I experienced a humble moment today as I stared at the ultrasound screen, transfixed upon the 8 week old baby growing in Chrissy's womb at the OBGYN's office today. It confounds me to think that we created this little being. I mean, really, God does the work, we just get to have a small hand in it! We'll know whether or not this little wonder is a boy (who'll have to be named Slam Duncan) or another gorgeous Duncan girl in about 20 more weeks...but who is counting!?! This little 1.6 centimeter long wonder has a heartbeat and measurable brain function. Amazing! I sat there in awe as we watched his/her little heart beat. Just 2 months ago this little one was just a gleam in my eye! People may argue that life begins at birth and not conception, but I sure know it's at least at 8 weeks! "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well"(Psalm 139:14)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He/she looks like you!

Alicia Looper said...

It's amazing to me how wonderful and awesome our God is. Do you sometimes wonder if life begins at the gleam? Just a thought and congrats!

Shannon-N-Fred said...

Apparently we have been on another planet. We just saw the post. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Fred and I hope everything is going well. We hope to see you all very soon. Take care.